Pages: [1] 2   Bas de page
Imprimer
Auteur Fil de discussion: [NDS/Jeu] Geo Wars  (Lu 47560 fois)
sumiguchi Hors ligne

« 28 Juillet 2007, 23:12:56 »

Hi,
Here is a game that DayDream and I made for this competition.  It is a space shoot'em up game.  You must battle through waves of enemies to save Trinity and all of humanity.

Characters
There are two playable characters and you must progress through the game as both characters.  (Progress for each character is stored seperately)  There are some difference - primarily in the bombs.  Alice has radial bomb controlled by the stylus and Mortymer has guided missles also controlled by the stylus. 
The game is easier if you play as Alice but I think you can get higher scores with Mortymer once you master your bomb navigation technique.

Modes of Play
There are 10 missions, 10 Zones and 2 training missions to play.  Missions allow you to unlock new areas and upgrade your ship.  In Zone, you always start with basic weapon capabilities and can *ahem* evolve by collecting power ups.  Be sure to enjoy the stereo sfx with headphones. Audio options are in the pause menu during gameplay

Evolution
There are multiple levels of evolution in this game.  You will see it in the story and through some funny naming references, but also throughout the missions you will see you ship & capabilities evolve.  In intense battles you will see the explosions evolve into massive blasts.  Once you have upgraded your ship by playing through the missions, the upgrades persist with you - so you can go back and play Mission one with all the new capabilities.  So in this way, the game really evolves to allow you to max out scores. 

I hope you will submit your scores online to show your capabilities in case of a similar strike against Earth. Online Leaderboard

Please enjoy!

Requires DLDI Patching

* GeoWars.zip (3802.19 Ko - Téléchargé 8521 fois.)

* geowars_title.jpg (52.3 Ko, 560x572 - vu 5188 fois.)

* geowars_ingame.jpg (53.72 Ko, 560x572 - vu 10373 fois.)

* geowars_failed.jpg (52.92 Ko, 560x572 - vu 2868 fois.)
« Dernière édition: 29 Juillet 2007, 01:21:19 par sumiguchi » Journalisée
Campanile Hors ligne
Elite Member

sic

« Réponse #1 : 28 Juillet 2007, 23:23:06 »

I'm very happy I didn't went to bed too early tonight  Wink
Puting this on my DS and going to sleep just after a game or two  Tongue
I'll give you my impressions tomorow ! good night !
Excellent readme btw  Grin
Journalisée

L'expérience, c'est ni plus ni moins qu'une petite quantité d'information qui aurait été fort utile quelques secondes avant qu'on l'apprenne...
Mollusk Hors ligne
Administrateur

Ne vous posez pas de questions, codez !

« Réponse #2 : 28 Juillet 2007, 23:38:47 »

I'm really gonna have fun testing the compo games Azn
Journalisée

t4ils Hors ligne
Branleur
Elite Member

« Réponse #3 : 29 Juillet 2007, 09:13:38 »

This game is excellent !!
 very good work Wink
Journalisée

Le codage amateur ? Parce que je le veux bien.
Campanile Hors ligne
Elite Member

sic

« Réponse #4 : 29 Juillet 2007, 11:36:16 »

Design is really awesome, looks like a commercial game  Cheesy I really like all the "fireworks" effects, rotating dots changing color, bg alpha, .......
I have a little bug on R4, I can only play the game once, then the save get corrupted... No, I didn't try without creating a save file, but I'm on it  Tongue
Really impressive entry, great work  Smiley
Journalisée

L'expérience, c'est ni plus ni moins qu'une petite quantité d'information qui aurait été fort utile quelques secondes avant qu'on l'apprenne...
zeblackos Hors ligne
VIP

Apple][ fan - Disciple Molluskien depuis 1907

« Réponse #5 : 29 Juillet 2007, 12:44:28 »

Very nice work... eye candy and pretty fun to play with.
Good luck for the compo !
Smiley
blk.
Journalisée
Schyzophrenic Hors ligne

Crappy Koder

« Réponse #6 : 29 Juillet 2007, 13:14:53 »

Really nice work ! Fireworks and other effects are nice.

Good luck for what's next Wink
Journalisée

sumiguchi Hors ligne

« Réponse #7 : 29 Juillet 2007, 15:39:40 »

Thanks for the nice comments! Azn

Campanile - yes let the game create the save file (instead of the R4) and it should be ok.
Journalisée
Schyzophrenic Hors ligne

Crappy Koder

« Réponse #8 : 29 Juillet 2007, 15:41:51 »

But you're game is kinda hard Wink

But it's good to have some challenge Azn
Journalisée

Cid2Mizard Hors ligne
Super Mega Member

Disciple Kukulcanien

« Réponse #9 : 29 Juillet 2007, 19:04:14 »

brilliant  Azn
Journalisée

Pitt Hors ligne
Administrateur

« Réponse #10 : 30 Juillet 2007, 11:21:08 »

Very interesting ... I'm gonna try Smiley
Journalisée
Sweater Fish Deluxe Hors ligne

« Réponse #11 : 01 Août 2007, 02:28:24 »

This is really amazing, sumiguchi.  I think you've just raised the bar for everyone else when it comes to DS homebrew.  so polished and complete, not to mention a total blast to play.  GeoWars is now basically my favorite DS game, period.

The difficulty is not too high at all.  Yeah, the game's hard, but that just gives you more reason to keep playing and playing.  I especially like the two modes of play and how they're integrated with one another.

I think the only improvement I could suggest for your game is a third mode of play for each arena where the player is able recover some of their lost hit points either by picking up items or just by survivng long enough.  This would allow games to continue longer--maybe even indefinitely--and so it would be something like a "Score Attack" mode.

Congratulations, sumiguchi.  I don't see how your game could not win this contest and that's really saying a lot when there's also games like Plop Invaders, Grow RPG and WormsBattleOnline to compete against.

...word is bondage...
Journalisée
Pouer Hors ligne

Petit 1/2 en puissance :)

« Réponse #12 : 01 Août 2007, 10:18:37 »

J'aime bien ce jeu la prise en main est facile, les graphisme sont magnifique (mais je vais pas compter sa dans mes votes car tout le monde n'a pas la chance de travailler avec un graphiste), comme pour XB dommage que le jeu soit en anglais...
Journalisée

sumiguchi Hors ligne

« Réponse #13 : 01 Août 2007, 16:43:34 »

:)Thanks again for the nice coments. 

I don't think everyone would agree with you Sweater Fish but your comments are very much appreciated!!  Azn  Thanks & I hope you continue to play & enjoy the game!

I'm having a lot of fun playing the games entered in this compo!  Grin 

Journalisée
Sweater Fish Deluxe Hors ligne

« Réponse #14 : 01 Août 2007, 18:54:15 »

I don't think everyone would agree with you Sweater Fish but your comments are very much appreciated!!  Azn  Thanks & I hope you continue to play & enjoy the game!
Yeah, now that the voting has started, I see that there's lots of variation.  I honestly thought that GeoWars would be the shoe-in, but I guess taste varies--and actually I had a lot of toruble deciding between your Game and Plop Invaders for my first place vote.  Well, good luck, it looks like it's going to be a very close contest.

By the way, you don't actually need to include a third gameplay mode in order to implement my suggestion.  I misunderstood the point of the "Zone" stages.  I thought you were actually powering up your ship for the corresponding Mission stage, but now I see that you start out the Mission stage powered up regardless of whether you play the Zone stage.  So Zone stage is already the score attack mode, but I still think it would be nice if it was possible to regain some health as you play.  Maybe each time you fill up your power bars and level up the ship, you could regain a small amount of energy, like 10-15%  Or maybe the amount of energy you get could increase each time, starting with 5%, then 10%, then 15% and so on.

...word is bondage...
Journalisée
Pages: [1] 2   Haut de page
Imprimer

Aller à: